Raphael is a recently certified Volleyball Canada Performance Coach in Indoor Volleyball and is a trained Advanced Development Coach for Beach Volleyball. He is the Coaching Director at Milton Edge Volleyball Club while he is pursuing a degree in Financial Mathematics at Ryerson University. His role in the club is to:
- define the coaching methodology used in all programs within the club; select,
- train and mentor coaches for all programs; and
- assign coaches whose skills and experience align with the teams’ developmental needs.
Over the past fifteen years, he has accumulated extensive volleyball experience and expertise coaching different levels of volleyball, from elementary school to university, and he is very excited to share his passion for the game with the the athletes and coaches at Milton Edge.
He was involved with the following volleyball programs as:
- Head Coach for the 17U Boys Team at Mountain Athletics Club (MAC) in Hamilton, Ontario from 2016 to 2017, finished 7th overall in Ontario
- Assistant Coach for the Men’s Volleyball Team at the University of Alberta – Augustana in Camrose, Alberta from 2013 to 2015, qualified for the CCAA Men’s Volleyball National Championships in 2015
- Head Coach for the 15U Girls Team at Northern Alberta Volleyball Club in Edmonton, Alberta from 2012 to 2013, finished 5th overall in Alberta; and
- Assistant Coach for the Women’s Volleyball Team at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario from 2010 to 2012, which qualified for the CIS Women’s Volleyball National Championship in 2011.