Milton Youth Volleyball Club - Milton Edge
Unit 5 - 2015 Pan Am Blvd
Mattamy National Cycling Centre
Milton, ON L9E 0K7
What is Milton Edge?
Milton Youth Volleyball Club - Home of Milton Edge is an incorporated non-profit, volunteer led organization. It was founded to promote development and competitive volleyball opportunities for youth in the Milton, Ontario area. The Club's goal is to provide high level opportunities for qualified boys and girls to further develop, train and compete in the Ontario Volleyball Association.
The Club operates in an athlete-centered environment, where the long term development and needs of the athlete are balanced against the competitive requirements of the Ontario Volleyball Association. The Club also endeavours to foster goodwill and sportsmanship in its athletes as they strive to be the best they can be both on and off the court. We follow and support the Volleyball Canada Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) Program.
- To promote and develop the game of volleyball.
- To help young athletes to develop their character by providing opportunities through the game for their mental, physical, social and leadership development.
- To promote fun, fitness, skills development, team play, and healthy competition.
The MYVC is also dedicated to providing an enjoyable and challenging environment for athletes so that they may achieve their personal bests while playing on rep level teams that compete successfully.
This goal rests on three strategic pillars:
1. Coaching Excellence
2. Personal Volleyball Excellence for Club Athletes
3. Teamwork Excellence
1. Coaching Excellence is a set of behaviours that guide and motivate young athletes to work towards high levels of athletic and team performance. When employed properly these coaching skills create an enjoyable atmosphere conducive to fun, friendship and athletic excellence.
2. Personal Volleyball Excellence for Club Athletes is recognition that every athlete has a unique set of talents. These talents can be developed into specific skills that high performance teams need. As competitive volleyball becomes more specialized, athletes can improve their specific volleyball strengths thereby contributing to team performance.
3. Teamwork Excellence: When a group of highly skilled athletes form a cohesive team, they often succeed beyond the sum of their individual potential.